- My 3 1/2 year old daughter suddenly looks like a giant.
- It's amazing how a simple shower can feel like a day at the spa.
- All this baby ever does is eat and poop.
- Speaking of poop, when will my conversations with my husband NOT revolve around the colour and consistency of the baby's poop?
- Holy cleavage Batman!
- I used to think there's nothing more peaceful than a sleeping baby. Wrong. There's nothing more peaceful than a sleeping baby and a sleeping preschooler.
- How much longer will I have to pee with a peri-bottle?
- I hate the postpartum chill. How come no one told me about that before I had children?
- It's amazing how having a baby can make you feel completely incompetent.
- Why do babies smell so good?
- Where do the days go?
- Speaking of the passage of time... why are the days so short and the nights so long?
- And speaking of nights, will I ever get to sleep for more than three hours?
- I wonder what's happening in the world right now.
- My bedroom feels like a prison.
- If I do one more sudoku puzzle, I think my head will explode. Actually, maybe I can do just one more.
- Do telemarketers have nap radar? Every time I try to nap someone is calling to sell me something.
- I love the way my baby curls up against my chest and falls asleep.
- It feels so amazing to wear real clothing. Why don't I get out of my pajamas more often?
- I can't stop eating. I graze all day long!
- I wonder when I'll be able to sit on a chair without my donut pillow?
- I think google was created for postpartum mothers.
- I thought I knew how to breastfeed and everyone told me that it's like riding a bicycle. This baby has taught me that it's not at all like riding a bicycle. This time it feels like I'm learning how to drive a car that's revving to go while I'm just trying to figure out how to put the car into gear.
- Speaking of breastfeeding, I can't wait for breastfeeding to be established and for the baby to have more of a predictable schedule. When that day comes, I will finally have that long-awaited glass of wine.
- I love having this little person in my life. I look forward to watching her become who she is meant to be.
Jul 24, 2011
Random Thoughts After Having My Second Child
Posted by Jennifer - The Deliberate Mom
It is amazing how the "solitude" of having a baby can make so many thoughts race through my mind. I decided I would share some of these random thoughts. Perhaps they're not so random. Maybe you've thought some of these things too?